The Cataclysm Bucket List
A bucket list is a list of stuff you want to do before you kick the bucket. For most folks, such a list would probably consist of trips they want to take, shenanigans they want to pull (climbing a huge mountain, skydiving even though they’re afraid of heights, etc), estranged family and friends they’d like to make amends with, and so forth.
We, however, are WoW players, and a huge chunk of our beloved Azeroth will be getting rocked. Inspired by a handful of posts around WoW.com and the WoW Ladies LJ community, I decided to make my very own pre-Cataclysm bucket list – things I want to do before Azeroth as we know it kicks the bucket.
Without further ado, here is Shizukéra’s bucket list, in no particular order:
1. Frostsaber mount! I’ve wanted one of these for a long time, partially because it matches my hunter’s pet and partially because I think it is the most beautiful land mount in all of WoW. Evil rep grind is evil, but that’s what friends are for! :grabs Taldarion:
2. Get my death knight (frost tank) to 80. She’s 74 already, plus I’ve got my own pocket dps in the form of my guildie’s mage, so that’s looking very doable. Also, Northrend elite mobs hit like little girls. I’m just sayin’.
3. Get my tree druid to 80? Considering I’d like to take a bit of a break from leveling after Serreina hits 80 to get her some gear and complete the Frostsaber grind, this is very likely to not happen. I’m sure I can get him to at least 70, though, especially since I have the best leveling buddy ever. :grabs Taldarion again:
4. Finish the World Explorer achievement. I know this will be easier in Cataclysm when we can fly in Azeroth, but I want to earn that achievement in the Azeroth Shizu grew up in.
5. Take screenshots. Lots and lots of screenshots. Ashenvale and Azshara especially. :makes ragey face at Blizzard: </3
6. Get this blog really going, with regular updates and whatnot. Seriously, Shizu, what the heck? :thwaps self:
7. Get a Silver Covenant hippogryph. Considering how diligently I don’t do those quests – seriously, jousting, wtf Tirion – this will take a while.
8. Get Ambassador and 50 mounts. I’m currently at 30 mounts, exalted with Stormwind and Darnassus and well into revered with the Exodar, Ironforge, and Gnomeregan. Those remaining mounts, plus a couple more gryphons or netherdrakes, should get me to 50.
9. Get Crusader title? That depends on how much I really want to work on Argent Crusade and Silver Covenant rep, I suppose. I’m revered with the Argent Crusade – how that happened, I have no idea; I didn’t think I did that many quests for them before the tournament came in – and Silver Covenant, I’m literally one quest away from revered. Of course, Crusader Shizukéra would be really cool … :grabs Argent Crusade tabard, eyes instances and weird jousty stuff:
10. Finish writing Serreina’s introductory story arc. Also write some stuff dealing with her service in the Scourge; I have ideas regarding both Acherus and pre-Acherus, at least one of which has the potential to be very creepy.
11. Integrate Faisaal, Khiraa, and Syliah into my main storyline a bit more tightly. They have an important place, I just suck at showing it. 😛
So, what’s on your bucket list?